Pats Group
Jesse Guerra
2003-09-23 03:11:44 UTC
Hey Group,

I saw "The Group" back in 95. What a great show. Our stop was number 205 of
212. It was a hot July evening in Sacramento. It must have been at least one
hundred degrees at show time and of course it was an outdoor show. I was
speechless from the opening tune ( Have You Heard?) to the very end. A very
polished show it was.

How much has the band changed since then? I look forward to seeing the PMG
soon.

Thanks,

Jesse
Steve2000indeja
2003-10-02 02:44:31 UTC
Post by Jesse Guerra
Hey Group,
I saw "The Group" back in 95. What a great show. Our stop was number 205 of
212. It was a hot July evening in Sacramento. It must have been at least one
hundred degrees at show time and of course it was an outdoor show. I was
speechless from the opening tune ( Have You Heard?) to the very end. A very
polished show it was.
How much has the band changed since then? I look forward to seeing the PMG
soon.
Thanks,
Jesse
The PMG is always great.

The release and tour of last year featured some new blood in the form of their
great multi-instrumentalist (who killed on his solo vocal/kalimba and bass
spots...and he's not even 'the' bass player!), hot new drummer and the addition
of the excellent guy on trumpet and various other things.

The music critics cd reviews and the reviews of last year's world tour said the
Group was re-energized by the addition of these new players. After catching the
concert - then playing the cd to death, I tend to agree.

Still, every PMG concert I've been to (probably 7 tours by now) has always been
great and each one easily one of the top musical hightlights of the year I saw
it in.

There is nothing like the Pat Metheny Group anywhere else in music, any genre.
Pat is one of the greatest guitarists of alltime for many, many reasons.

I have a simple rule. If the PMG is playing anywhere near me: Go.

Steve